Thursday, December 20, 2007

theme and standards December 2007

For our new type of "homework" I have picked theme #1: Demonstrate the evolution of the concepts of personal freedom, individual responsibility, and respect for human dignity.
To illustrate this theme, I have chosen the MCAS standards:
USII.15 - Analyze how German aggression in Europe and Japanese aggression in Asia conributed to the start of World War II ~ and summarize the major battles and events of the war. (ch. 24:WWII...)
USII.26 - Describe the accomplishments of the civil rights movement. (ch. 29...)
USII.27 - Analyze the causes and course of the women's rights movement in the 1960s and 1970s. (ch. 31, sec. 2)
USII.30 - Describe some of the major economic and social trends of the late 20th century. (ch. 31)

For my end product, I really don't know what I'm going to do, probably an essay, and definitely NOT an online google notebook or anything...

So far I have learned about the generally low respect for human dignity, the placement of responsibility into the government's hands (and away from individuals, i.e. communism), and the restrictions on personal freedoms such as speech that occurred during the start of War World II. I need to research/ find out how (if) those trends or ways of thinking and acting changed throughout the course of the war (and after...).

No comments: